Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Boot Camp!

Well, today I attended a "seminar" of sorts put on by the HLSA (Hispanic Law Student Association) and the BLSA (Black Law Student Association) as sort of a pre-orientation orientation. It was not required but Im so glad I decided to go. It was a chance for me to get to know some people going into orientation so that I would be more relaxed and also a chance to get to know and talk to some of the 2L and 3L students who have been in my position before. We got to ask questions and get a students perspective, no lies, just the flat truth of the matter and what we really need to know going into class. We also got to meet some of the students that will be in our particular section with us (we will have all of our classes together) and talk to some of the students that were in that section last year and have them give us tips and heads up about our specific teachers. That was my favorite part of the day because that was so relevant to exactly what I am walking into. It was very intimidating but I am so glad that I went. Tomorrow begins the actual orientation which will be three days long and then class starts on Monday. Tomorrow I am going to get my books so that I can get my homework done by Monday. Anyway, I am still really nervous but very excited and ready to get started and get into a routine! Wish me luck!

0 comments: