Friday, July 25, 2008

Another day...

So I had another one of those days where I deal with rude people and lose faith in mankind. However today, this one apologized and realized that it was not me personally who was making her life difficult but the difficult company I work for. It gives me hope to realize there are still people in this world that will and do care about the feelings of others. I have been thinking about this alot lately because I just finished reading a book dealing with the very same thing. Francine Rivers, one of my favorite authors, rights Christian books that really get you thinking. This one was called "And the Shofar Blew." It was about a family of believers whose church congregation was dwindling due to age and death, and a young pastor and his family who were called by God to serve and help build the church. As time goes on, the young pastor begins to relish in the power he is given as head of the church and loses sight of everything he has ever believed in, mostly he loses sight of God and begins running all over his family and everyone he loves in his effort to build up his own reputation. In the end, God awakens him and he comes back to the Lord but it really got me thinking. I hate how often we, ok mostly I, forget who I am here to live for. Jesus Christ. I try so hard to make people think that I love God on the outside, and it's not that I don't love Him, I just sometimes forget to include Him in my life and my decisions and thoughts. That's something that is not going to get easier as I enter law school which is drenched in the worldly. I just hope that I can stay focused where I need to focus. On God first, and trust that everything else will fall into place as He has planned it. Pray for me will ya?

0 comments: